CMEA Bay Section News
Follow us on Twitter @CMEABaySection
Here’s the Link to the Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/CMEABaySection
NEW ADJUDICATION FORMS 2016 - click here to go the the directory with all the new adjudication forms for 2016
Click here to read the updated addendum to the handbook, which includes information you need to know regarding festivals. If you take your students to CMEA festivals, you will want to know about the updated information, updated Fall 2015.
ADDED LARGE GROUP FESTIVALS
On Friday, Nov. 13 at 8 am the following large group festivals will be opening for registration.
- April 22 & 23, Band/Orchestra East G @ Amador Valley HS
- May 14, Choral East C @ Martin Luther King MS
- May 14, Choral South C @ Gunn HS
New Festival Registration Site Directions
See the Tempo articles, referenced below, for information about the new festival registration site.
Members need their NAfME/CMEA ID# in order to register groups for festival. To find your ID# go to the NAfME website to retrieve their membership number: http://www.nafme.org/find-your-account/
Tempo Articles pertaining to the New Festival Registration and Festival Evaluation System
New Job Postings
See the listing on the right side of this page for more information.
CMEA Adjudication Information
Stand Up 4 Music (click the link to visit the SU4M website)
The 2014 CMEA-led Stand Up 4 Music (SU4M) California Music Education Advocacy Day was held on Thursday, May 22, 2014. CMEA has posted a five-minute video online that contains clips of the event and interviews with some of the participants. In order to see this video, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAkFK33noqo .
CMEA BAY FESTIVAL INFORMATION
Since 2013-2014 Festival Season, all festivals have been named by their regions rather than by their Areas. The regions are:
- North (Areas I & VII), representing Marin, Mendocino, Napa, Solano, and Sonoma counties.
- East (Areas II & III), representing Alameda and Contra Costa counties.
- South (Areas V & VIII), representing Santa Clara county.
- West (Area VI), representing San Francisco and San Mateo counties.
- Valley (Area IV), representing Alpine, Calaveras, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, and Tuolumne counties.
For more information on Festivals, click on the Festival tab, above.