Connecting Mentees to Mentors
CMEA State unveiled this Mentorship Program at the 2015 CASMEC and since then, we have had several successful pairings of mentees and mentors. The philosophy behind this program is to match mentors with mentees in an effort to discourage burn out while encouraging camaraderie and partnership in a supportive and confidential collaboration. The program is equally beneficial to any veteran teacher that has begun to teach a new class of which the curriculum or pedagogy is unfamiliar.
Below are some potential outcomes for our mentees:
- Build a lasting career network
- Receive relevant feedback and coaching from experts and colleagues
- Develop your own professional growth plan
- Gain access to a support system
- Generate productive relationships
- Acquire professional development opportunities
- Gain new perspectives and experiences
- Develop as an emerging leader in the profession
If you are interested in becoming a mentor or mentee, please contact Past-President Bruce Lengacher at firstname.lastname@example.org .